Tech

20120802

Weblogic's console slowness performance issue.


I have notice that after installing the latest WLS with the latest JDK 1.7 on a redhat base 64 bit linux, the Admin Console is taking a long time to show on browser. The Admin server it self starts fine, but when I provide the username and password then I would have to wait for about 3 - 4 minutes to have access.

Here is my system config:

WLS 12.1.1
JDK 1.7.0_5
redhat linux based x86_64

Since this strange behavior actually happens during authentication and authorization of my user/password, this must be related with some security performance issue. From my past experience,  I learned that the linux OS's  /dev/random and /dev/urandom should have some effect on this behavior. Please, check wikipedia for further knowledge on ramdom and urandom.

whit some googling, I came across many links in which talks about starting performance by adding the following command while starting the AdminServer:

$./startWeblogic.sh -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom

This did the trick, and then I found a open java bug 6202721 in which was closed as "not a java bug"... 


The other definitive way to change on all the servers starting on the same JDK  you can just edit the java.security file: 

#cat /usr/java/jdk1.7.0_05/jre/lib/security/java.security|grep "urandom"
# On Solaris and Linux systems, if file:/dev/urandom is specified and it
# This "NativePRNG" reads random bytes directly from /dev/urandom.
# On Windows systems, the URLs file:/dev/random and file:/dev/urandom
securerandom.source=file:/dev/urandom
#   -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom

vi the java.security file and change
from: 
securerandom.source=file:/dev/urandom

to: 
securerandom.source=file:/dev/./urandom

hopefully works for you. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Ernani! good one!

    This also happened to me with RHEL6 and WLS 10.3.6 with JRockit R28.2.4 64 bit.

    ReplyDelete